School counselling staff are members of the Wyndham College Well-being team.
A teacher may recommend the service by referring a student to the school’s Well-being team. As a parent or carer, you may refer your child directly to the school counselling service. Students can also self-refer to the service.
School counselling is confidential.
For more information about learning and support teams and the school counselling service, visit:
Our School Counselling Team
The school counselling team are registered psychologists with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
The school counselling team can assist in the following ways:
- Provide short term individual counselling to students who experience social or emotional difficulties
- Work collaboratively with wellbeing staff to support students
- Liaise with mental health practitioners in individual case management
- Refer to external mental health professionals as needed
If the matter is urgent or an emergency, please contact your GP, local hospital or call:
- Immediate safety concerns, contact ‘000’
- Mental Health Crisis Line for referral services – 1800 011 511
Additional telephone services are available for students and parents.
- Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800
- Headspace on 1800 650 890
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
To refer your child to the school counsellor please contact the School on 02 9208 7100 and request that your child be seen by the Counsellor.
Students are now able to self refer for counselling via an online form. To access the form, students can scan the QR code found outside the counsellor's office located in A block on the visitors entrance side.
Monday - Anna
Wednesday - No Counsellor (see YA or Juanita)
Thursday - No Counsellor (see YA or Juanita)
Friday - Anna